Sunday, January 31, 2010

My Friends

I am sorry! My friends.

I had always wished the best for you. I did not remember when my wish turned into my assumption. I started to live under a sheet of belief that all of you are doing great and will be happy the way I saw you last time - full of hope, desires and a zeal to conquer the world. Eventually I stopped calling you, I did not renew contact when I came back to home country, I did not display my affection for you. I failed at maintaining social etiquette.

You are my friends, my strength as well as my weakness. You are a part of me and I am certainly a part of you too. When you are sad I cry, when you are happy I laugh. I have no identity without you.

I realized all this when I came to know about one of my best friend's friend, whose demise is almost certain. I am in a state of shock. Though, I am a man, I cannot not cry. I just felt that friendship is such a strong bond. I can feel my friend's pain in my heart. It feels that some part of me just died, a part that was so pure and untouched.

This is one more time "he" belittled us and made us feel that we are so small and insignificant. How our efforts to change his desires are merely self-conceited gestures.

2 comments:

  1. great message in a nutshell. At first, I did not understand but soon enough !!! I hope.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I asked Him for being human,
    He blessed me with empathy, emotions and feelings,

    I asked Him for the truth,
    He blessed me with the love,

    I asked Him to make me strong,
    He blessed me with circumstances to check my strengths,

    I asked Him for His belongingness,
    He blessed me with taking away everything else from me,

    I asked Him for the freedom,
    and He blessed me with...

    So don't be sad, just be happy as your friend is getting whatever he is praying for...I believe!

    ReplyDelete